Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Blizzard Aftermath

As I type this blog entry it is still blowing and snowing. Yesterday was crazy as I wrote in my earlier blog. The boys bus got stuck AT the school so they didn't get home until almost 4:30 pm. I was starting to get really worried because usually the buses make it through anything here. So around 5 pm the power started to flicker. So I told the boys, we better make dinner before the power goes out. Thank heavens we did because it just kept flicking. Mark called and every time the power flickered the phone went dead. So after 5 or 6 calls back I finally told him it was probably best we say see ya later and I love you and hang up. Not too long after that the power finally went out. It was only out for almost 2 hours, but when there isn't any noise in the house, you sure do hear EVERYTHING. Needless to say we went to bed pretty early last night and around 10:45pm my phone rang and it was the school, they actually cancelled school. Which is a good thing considering the HUGE snow bank in the middle of our street (pictures to follow). Patrick and I went outside this morning because I couldn't get the front door open. I went out the back door and over the snow bank to the front of the house. Once I cleared the front door Patrick came outside with his camera. Enjoy the pictures. I sure hope it warms up soon!! We will take more pictures after the sun comes up.
I thought the first picture was pretty cool.

Patrick lounging in the snow back in front of our livingroom window!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. that is a lot of snow Annie!! Enjoy your snow day with the boys and give everyone hugs from me. Susan